The CAMremote-2A (CR-2A) is highly integrated miniature remote control device for cameras and camcorders. Several digital cameras/camcorders from Canon, Nikon, Ricoh, Pentax, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus and BlackMagicDesign have a remote control feature which utilizes the USB port, an infrared signal, Remote Control Port, LANC remote interface port or Multiterminal Interface port. The CAMremote is a USB On-the-Go device which has USB host and device functionality. It can control the camera’s remote features like shutter, zoom, aperture/shutter speed values, etc. In addition, CAMremote has an integrated intervalometer which will trigger the camera automatically after a predefined time.
Trigger the shutter of the camera using the following methods:
– USB remote control using Picture Transfer Protocol (USB/PTP)
– USB remote control if CHDK firmware add-on is installed on Canon cameras (USB/CHDK)**
– USB remote control using Ricoh CA1 protocol (USB/CA1)
– Remote control using Canon/Nikon/Pentax/Sony/Panasonic 3-pin remote port (PORT/E3)
– Infrared remote (IR) control
– LANC remote control
– Servo motor “finger” which presses down the shutter button of the camera (SERVO-FINGER)
** CHDK firmware enhancement is a 3rd party solution and we are not responsible for its use, and cannot guarantee its 100% functionality.
The CR is configurable and upgradeable using PC with Microsoft Windows operation systems only (98, 2k, XP, Vista, W7). Other options will be added in future.